PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE: THERE IS A YEARLY FEE TO BE PART OF THE GALLERY, & HAVE A ONE-WEEK EXHIBIT.
THE GALLERY CONCEPT
La Petite Mort is an unconventional art and design gallery space offering collaborative, community-driven and profitable exhibitions and programming.
Located at 306 Cumberland, the 1500-square foot gallery will draw energy and ideas from a wide range of contributors across divergent cultural scenes.
Directed by art dealer & owner Guy Bérubé, La Petite Mort takes an approach that is instinctive, impassioned, eclectic, inclusive, spontaneous, humorous, and human.
As a business entity, the gallery space will deal with the following:
- Art exhibitions, private & public events, services and sales
- Monthly & weekly shows of local, national and international artists
La Petite Mort (LPM) is pleased to offer the artist a one-year membership agreement & ONE WEEK exhibit, ONE YEAR AFTER JOINING. Under this agreement, the artist would receive:
- Inclusion in the LPM collection of artworks for sale, and a one week exhibit entitled “One Night Stands”. (details to be discussed).
- An agreed upon number of pieces stored at LPM for the duration of the agreement and would be available for sale to any visitors to LPM at a price determined by the artist and LPM.
- Artist portfolios & other event advertising (supplied by Artist) to be on hand in the gallery for duration of the agreement.
- Access to LPM space for client showings/press conferences
- Inclusion in the LPM online portfolio (see ARTIST section with approx. 10 to 15 images of works for sale, at 72 dpi)
- The gallery does not restrict the artist in showing and/or selling at other galleries/venues, hence we do not ask for exclusivity, but we do ask that being with one gallery within Ottawa is preferable.
UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, LPM WOULD RECEIVE:
- LPM would earn a 50% commission on sales
- Artist would pay a yearly fee to LPM in the amount of $500 plus 13% hst (payable upon signing). Termination of membership by artist does not include refund.
- LPM cannot insure artwork, so we suggest personal insurance for any and all content left in gallery during membership. LPM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for lost, stolen or damaged artwork.
- Artists with LPM Gallery have a non-exclusive representation agreement, but where any sales are the result of the Gallery’s involvement, LPM shall retain a commission of 50% of the sale(s). In addition to work sold inside the Gallery, this involvement shall include sales relating to the LPM website.
CERTAIN RULES & CONDITIONS APPLY AS WELL:
- To properly promote you, an artist statement and image are required. These are required three months in advance to your ONS but we strongly recommend that you begin thinking about your artist statement as soon as you become a member with us.
- The artist’s artwork is kept available in the lower gallery, and can be featured during your One Night Exhibits, and gallery rentals & special events.
- Each member is guaranteed a one week event on a Friday Night, and the exhibit is possible according to the amount, content and the fact that the artwork is current. Group exhibits are encouraged. Artist MUST be present for their exhibit.
- All artwork in the gallery has to be “fresh”, hence has not been shown elsewhere in Ottawa, in other galleries, art events, benefits, etc.
- Artwork removed from the gallery for other art events and exhibits cannot be returned back to the gallery again.
These conditions apply to keep the look and artwork in the gallery fresh at all times, and to avoid confusion and disagreements.
I appreciate the Artists’ interest in La Petite Mort and thank you for the opportunity to present this offer. Please contact me should you have any questions.